Home » » Killer child-bride speaks: ‘I regret killing my husband, 17 days after wedding

Killer child-bride speaks: ‘I regret killing my husband, 17 days after wedding

Written By gideon oluseyi on Sunday 13 April 2014 | 12:59

About two weeks ago, a 14 year old teenage
girl named Wasila Umaru (pictured above),
who was forced into marriage with a 35 year
old man, killed the man and three of his
friends with rat poison by slipping the poison
into their meal during a small wedding party
which took place in the northern Ungwar
Yansoro village, at Gaya LGA near the city of
Kano. (If you missed it, read here)
Wasila now says she regrets killing her
husband. The killing happened 17 days after
their wedding. Speaking with a Vanguard
reporter at Bompai police HQ, Kano, where
she is being held, Wasila said;
"Mine was a classical example of
youthful exuberance; it dawned on me
shortly after that it was a joke taken too
far to resolve a forced marriage
question. I have never enjoyed the
opportunity of going to Islamic school
or acquiring Western education. My
father forced me into this mess by
stubbornly forcing me into a
relationship I was not prepared to live
in"
"Though my target was my late husband,
I must confess that my blood went cold
when I realized I had committed mass
murder". Continue...
Narrating how she executed the mass murder,
she said,
"On the fateful day, my husband's meal
was prepared by the senior wife and put
in my room as I was due in fulfillment of
his rotational duty in a polygamous
setting. I obtained the rat poison for
just N100 and, at my convenience,
mixed it with the local dish prepared for
him. When he returned home for the
feast, he came with those who were
destined to die with him. I was restless
but could not stop it from happening.
"I felt normal and slept after the
incident but the consequence of my
action was clear when I was picked up
by the police and I felt cold for the first
time".
"Destiny appears to have played a
wicked one on me at this early stage of
my life and I would rededicate the rest
of my life to sincerely seek Allah's
forgiveness".
However, despite the overwhelming evidence
the police have to prosecute the alleged
culpable homicide, they seemed to be in a
dilemma due to age of the suspect.
Commenting on the development, Kano State
Police Command Public Relations Officer,
ASP Magaji Musa Majia, said "the case has
been referred to appropriate authorities for
the next line of action". Majia told Sunday
Vanguard: "I am assuring you that Wasila
would appear in court soon because we have
limitation on the number of days we can keep
a suspect no matter the perceived weakness
of the case or the personality involved".
Share this article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : OWNED BY | OLANIYI GIDEON OLUSEYI Copyright © 2013-2014. AFRIKMEDIA - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ghidtech BBM-PIN 75D47FF5
Proudly powered by Blogger