Home » » Mercy Johnson Narrates Her Humble Beginning

Mercy Johnson Narrates Her Humble Beginning

Written By gideon oluseyi on Saturday 4 January 2014 | 20:33

Indeed she had a humble beginning. Mercy
explains in a recent interview how she and her
family members moved into an uncompleted
building just to have a roof over themselves
and how her brother turned into a bricklayer
to cater for the family. She also talked about
her journey into Nollywood. It's touching;
"Sometimes when I cry in movies, it isn't the
script that makes me cry. When I recall my
humble beginning, I give thanks to God. When
I remember how we moved into an
uncompleted building and had to take cover
whenever it rained because of the condition of
the house; how my brother did a menial job as
a bricklayer to earn a living and those days
when we rolled over a stick to cover the
windows up till the point when I started acting
and raised money to cover the roof… I recall
those days we were living with lizards because
the floor and the walls of the house were not
plastered, or when I had scars as a result of
my several falls." She disclosed.
On her journey into acting
"After my secondary school education, I failed
the University Matriculation Examination
(UME) and came back to Lagos to get a degree.
While that was on, I watched Genevieve Nnaji
in a movie entitled: Sharon Stone. I later
approached a friend for assistance to feature
in a movie. He said I had a great body and that
I would make a good actress. He later took me
to the National Theatre, but a role did not
come until a year later, when I had my first
lead role in a film entitled: The Maid. "
Share this article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : OWNED BY | OLANIYI GIDEON OLUSEYI Copyright © 2013-2014. AFRIKMEDIA - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ghidtech BBM-PIN 75D47FF5
Proudly powered by Blogger